Application for £200 award towards the cost of a computer provided through the Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA) 2021/22
Please note that these forms are for currently enrolled QMUL students who have applied for a Disabled Student’s Allowance (DSA) and have been asked to contribute £200 towards the cost of a computer. These students can apply to have the £200 paid by Queen Mary University of London via the Financial Assistance Fund.
If you have yet to enrol, or you have not had a response from your DSA needs assessment from either Student Finance England (or alternative DSA funding body) then you will not be able to submit this form until you have completed enrolment and received confirmation from SFE etc. that they expect you to pay £200 toward the price of a computer through the DSA.
How do I know if I am eligible for the £200 award?
If you are an undergraduate student who:
- Is in receipt of the QMUL Bursary or
- Is in receipt of a means-tested NHS bursary or
- Has been assessed as having a household income of below £42,875
Please complete the form below:
- Application for 200 award towards the cost of a computer provided through the Disabled Students Allowances (DSA) [DOC 32KB]
- Nominated Bank Account Form [PDF 228KB]
- Your Student Finance England notification
- Attach a copy of your Queen Mary Bursary or NHS bursary notification
- Attach a copy of your DSA Entitlement Letter (DSA2)
If you are:
an undergraduate not in receipt of the QMUL Bursary or a means-tested NHS bursary or your household income is above £42,875 or
a postgraduate student
Please complete the full Financial Assistance application form and your eligibility will be assessed based on your financial need.
- Log in to your MySis portal and go to the Scholarships and Bursaries page (click + if not visible)
- Click on ‘Apply for Scholarship or Bursary’
- Select ‘Financial Assistance Fund’ from the funding type dropdown and complete the online application screens
- Make sure you upload a copy of your DSA Entitlement Letter (DSA2) in addition to the required documentation
- Make sure you click the ‘Submit’ button on the final screen
When is the closing date?
You should submit your claim within 3 months of receiving your DSA2 letter. If you are an undergraduate student in your final year the closing dates is 4 weeks before the end of your academic year. For all other students the closing date is 15th July 2022.